Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The final day.....





Well, the end of our journey is here, and I must say that it has been a very fun, spiritual, rewarding, and memorable trip. It is safe to say that all of us in the group grew bonds not only with each other, but with God too. We all experienced feelings and emotions about the people and the country of Ecuador itself. We met many people with whom we grew good relationships with, and whom we really liked.

For me, I think one of the most memorable moments of the journey was finding God within me. I grew up in a life of poverty in Russia. I was practically raised as an orphan. My mother was never there, and my father was killed. When I saw the many people that were poor, and suffering, it really struck me. In that moment, I realized that God loved me, and had wanted a better life for me. Then, I knew why I had been adopted. God loved me, and wanted a better life for me than the one I had in Russia. I am so blessed to have the things that I have now, and it is all God's work. Now, I feel closer to God than I have ever felt, and that makes me feel very happy.

Like I said before, we all grew inside spiritually, and we talked about that tonight. As the night ended, we sat in our circle, and talked about the trip. Everyone said that they had found God within themselves. Then, we discussed how our lives changed, and the routine we would fall into when we get back home. So, as the time draws nearer to go home, I must say that we all had a lot of fun, and spiritual moments. We will all miss the country, the beautiful landscapes, and the people we met. However, the things that will stay in our hearts, are the memories, bonds, and love that we found on this once in a lifetime trip.

-Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment